Office of Global Health
The Office of Global Health (OGH) serves as a resource to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (澳门六合彩投注) community for global health education both on our campuses and abroad.
The Office of Global Health supports the institutional mission and goals of 澳门六合彩投注 by engaging in activities that enhance the education of its students, faculty, and staff through exposure to international health experiences.
- Ask the Sexpert
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023, noon
- Dr. Mahinder Watsa is a retired obstetrician and gynecologist, and a highly popular 93-year-old sex advice columnist for a daily newspaper in Mumbai. Despite sex being a taboo topic, the column鈥檚 brand of non-moralistic advice and humor has emboldened many to write in with their questions. The columnist gains popularity even while a ban on comprehensive sex education in schools is adopted by approximately a third of India鈥檚 states.
- Know Before You Go: Essential Considerations for Global Health Engagement
- Wednesday, November 29, noon
- Please join the Office of Global Health as we host Dr. Heather Haq from the Department
of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Haq will present essential considerations
for trainees, pediatricians, and other health professionals prior to engaging in global
health work. These considerations include ensuring that individuals have examined
their motivations for travel, are adequately prepared, and that engagements are rooted
in sustainable partnerships, ethically sound, and mutually beneficial.
- Opening Space: Voices of Recovery
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023, noon
- Join us in October as we provide a space of reflection and engagement for those that have been impacted by substance use disorders, support substance use recovery, or have a history of substance use disorder.
- This program has been developed to recognize 澳门六合彩投注's first annual Substance Use Disorder Awareness Week.