Quality Enhancement Plan
Are you ready to live Well Beyond?
Not only does 澳门六合彩投注 seek to produce graduates who are knowledgeable in their fields, but we also want to develop individuals who prioritize self-care and seek to achieve healthy balances across multiple dimensions of their lives. With this in mind, 澳门六合彩投注 faculty, staff, and students have developed a five-year project to focus on student wellness, with a specific emphasis on emotional intelligence. Known as the Well Beyond initiative, the project is a component of 澳门六合彩投注鈥檚 process to seek reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). As part of this process, 澳门六合彩投注 is required to develop a Quality Enhancement Plan, or QEP. This is a focused project to improve a specific aspect of student learning or student success across the institution, regardless of academic program or campus affiliation. Through the Well Beyond initiative, 澳门六合彩投注 students will learn to achieve healthy balances in their lives and cultivate appropriate strategies for responding to their emotions. Ultimately, we desire for our graduates to be better equipped to persevere through challenges not only as students, but also as future healthcare professionals and researchers.
8 Dimensions of Wellness:
(1) Emotional: Recognizing and accepting a wide range of feelings in
yourself and others, including the productive management of those
feelings and related behaviors in the face of adversity
(2) Environmental: Leading a lifestyle in which we recognize our impact on the
environment and promote practices that sustain the earth鈥檚 resources
(3) Financial: Being mindful of your financial decision-making in order to live within your means, discern between needs and wants, and manage short- and long-term financial goals
(4) Intellectual: Expanding your knowledge and challenging your mind with creative and stimulating activities
(5) Occupational: Utilizing your skills and talents to obtain personal satisfaction and meaning through work
(6) Physical: Understanding and caring for your body through a healthy diet and regular physical activity, including the avoidance of behaviors which impair optimal performance
(7) Social: Developing and maintaining healthy relationships with others as we seek to improve the communities in which we live
(8) Spiritual: Exploring a connection to something bigger than ourselves, which may involve the search for meaning in life or the development of congruence among our actions, beliefs, and values